Cabin Air Filter Replacement
The cabin air filter is usually a flat component in the shape of a metal tray. It contains layers of electrostatically charged fibers. Some vehicles have two cabin air filters.
WHERE IS IT LOCATED?
The cabin air filter or filters can be located in a number of places in your car or truck. It is usually behind the glove compartment, sometimes beneath the dashboard, or in other cases, it can be found under the hood in the engine compartment.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
The cabin air filter cleans the air as it comes into the interior of the car through the air conditioning, heating, and ventilation system.
The electrostatically charged fibers collect inert airborne particles like dust and soot, plus pollen and small airborne insects. The fibers also capture airborne microbes like bacteria and mold spores.
All of these are prevented from entering the cabin area of the car where the driver and passengers seat.
Such pollutants could cause irritation and allergies in healthy adults.
On a more serious note, airborne contaminants coming into the passenger cabin of your vehicle could cause severe health problems for babies, old people, and those with respiratory problems.
SERVICING THE CABIN AIR FILTER
It is important to get the cabin air filter in your car or truck checked and replaced at least once a year, or every 12,000 to 30,000 miles.
The best interval for carrying out the check will depend on your driving circumstances and how much contamination is present in the air.
For example, desert areas often have a lot of airborne dust which will require more frequent checking for the cabin air filter in your vehicle.
Pennzoil site page (2)
Car Battery Replacement
The battery is an important source of electrical power for cars and trucks.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
The battery enables you to start the engine of your vehicle and get it running to power its movement.
The battery then gets recharged from the engine through the alternator and drive belt.
If the battery is not working properly you run the risk of not being able to start your car.
This is bad enough if you are at home, and much worse if you are stranded away from home in the early hours of a cold night.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CHECK IT?
It usually takes our mechanic ten to fifteen minutes to check the battery in your vehicle, and replace it if necessary.
WHAT IS THE TEST PROCESS?
The procedure for checking the battery in your vehicle is:
* Our mechanic will test the power in your battery, and its ability to hold a charge, with an electrical meter.
* A good result means that the battery is in an acceptable condition and is safe to remain installed in your vehicle. In normal conditions, we will check it again in a year’s time.
* A marginal reading means that the battery could fail when the weather is very cold or hot.
* A bad test outcome means that the battery is not fit for purpose and should be replaced immediately.
WHAT IS THE REPLACEMENT PROCESS?
The procedure for changing the battery in your vehicle is:
* Our mechanic will remove the defective battery and send it away to be recycled in a way that follows environmental safety procedures.
* The battery terminals are cleaned with an anti-acid compound.
* A new battery, approved by your vehicle manufacturer, is installed and firmly secured in your vehicle.
* Our mechanic will fit anti-corrosion pads on the battery terminals.
* The power cables are then connected to the terminals of the new battery.
* The battery terminals are protected with an anti-corrosive formulation.
Pennzoil site page (3)
We offer a service where we look after vehicles for firms which operate fleets of cars or trucks. Such organizations include:
* Municipal authorities,
* Manufacturers and suppliers of products,
* Companies that offer company cars to their employees.
WHY USE A FLEET MAINTENANCE SERVICE?
Fleet maintenance makes sense, financially and operationally, because:
* Your headquarters may be far away from our area but some of your drivers live and operate here with your vehicles, so using us for those vehicles is more cost-efficient than having your drivers return to a garage near your headquarters.
* Our economies of scale mean you can pay us to lower wholesale rates instead of the higher retail rates paid by members of the public.
* If we use a consolidated billing plan in your case, you will have the convenience of just one document to review each month for all your vehicles.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Our fleet maintenance service saves you money because of economies of scale.
We offer volume discounts for larger fleets.
Whether you have a large or small fleet, you can benefit from our competitively priced plans with a range of attractive discounts depending on your service program.
HOW WILL I KNOW WHAT HAS BEEN DONE?
All the details of every service are recorded on our monthly invoice. You can see exactly what was done to which vehicle in itemized lists.
Our monthly invoices record the mileage of each vehicle, and the appearance of any issues which need treatment to prevent future problems, and the cost of the remedy for you to review, agree and sign off.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Click here to download our fleet application form.
Pennzoil site page (4)
Fuel System Cleaning
WHAT CAN GO WRONG?
Deposits in the fuel system can cause its performance to be reduced, typically with these results:
* Lower fuel economy.
* Reduced engine power.
* Starting difficulties.
* Irregular idling.
* Uneven combustion.
* Engine knocking.
This is particularly the case when lower qualities of gasoline are used.
HOW LONG DOES FUEL SYSTEM CLEANING TAKE?
It usually takes our mechanic fifteen to thirty minutes to clean the fuel system in a typical car or truck.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Cleaning your vehicle’s fuel system has the following benefits:
* Keeps your vehicle’s fuel system in top condition and so boosts the performance of your engine.
* Boosts the power of your engine.
* Enhances the fuel economy of your vehicle so you get more miles to the gallon.
* Maintains engine health by ensuring that the correct balance of fuel and air goes into the combustion chamber of the engine. The result is a lower incidence of engine knocking caused by uneven combustion of fuel.
* Makes sure that your vehicle engine starts easily and idles with regularity.
* Reduces the incidence of knocking.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
The procedure for cleaning your vehicle’s fuel system is:
* One cleaning chemical formulation is added to your fuel tank.
* One or two chemicals are added to the air intake manifold.
We also clean these components to ensure that deposits are removed from the whole fuel system:
* Intake valves.
* Fuel lines.
* Fuel injectors.
* The throttle plate.
Pennzoil site page (5)
Gearbox Fluid Change
The gearbox is an elaborate system of intermeshing metal components called gears and spindles. These finely machined inner workings are immersed in lubricant, and the whole thing is contained in a metal casing fitted with seals. Some vehicles have three gearboxes:
* A front differential,
* A transfer case,
* A rear differential.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
The gearbox delivers power from the engine to the wheels. It also transforms the revolution range of the engine to the spin rates needed to operate the wheels on the road at varying speeds.
WHAT CAN GO WRONG?
If the lubricant is dirty or has leaked out, the gears can grind, generating high temperatures, metal shavings, and other contaminants.
All these issues will cause severe damage to the gearbox and your vehicle will be off the road for costly repairs to be carried out.
HOW OFTEN DOES IT NEED CHECKING?
The level of the gearbox fluid should be checked monthly to make sure it is not leaking.
Then you will know that your gearbox is being properly lubricated and protected from the ravages of wear and tear.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A GEARBOX FLUID CHANGE?
The benefits of regular fluid changes are:
* Well lubricated gearbox components.
* Impurities, suspended in the old fluid, are flushed out during oil changes, leaving a clean gearbox.
* Smooth, quiet gear changes.
* Gearbox operating temperatures remain at acceptable levels without overheating.
* Peace of mind that your gearbox, and therefore your vehicle, will keep running efficiently for many years.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Our mechanic can change the gearbox fluid in your vehicle in about ten minutes, while you wait.
In many cases, you can just drive in for a gearbox fluid change without an appointment.